Brides of Birmingham! Fear not, James is here with his magic Airbrush!
Though not a new technology, airbrush makeup is once again in the limelight due to the advent of evolving digital media, including Digital Photography and Hi-Definition Television. The precision application offered by airbrush makeup has two major benefits that stand up to the challenges presenting makeup artists today:
- Full Coverage, Sheer Texture: A true airbrush foundation is high in coverage, but thin in texture, offering a high-opacity or full coverage application that’s dispersed as sheerly and evenly as possible. The result is perfect-looking skin achieved with a minimum of product.
- Refined Pattern: The spray dot-pattern the airbrush puts down on the skin registers less on camera than the patterns and trace lines that brushes and sponges leave behind. However invisible these marks may appear to the naked eye, they can be quite noticeable when your client’s face is shown in Hi-Definition close-up or in a High Resolution Digital Photo.
While other advantages include speed of application, longevity, and durability, the true advantage of airbrush makeup is the beautiful finished result it produces. This makes it the perfect technique for your perfect Wedding Make-Up!
Since Airbrush makeup is water-resistant, perspiration and tears are no longer a cosmetic problem so all you blushing brides can blub away til your hearts content!. Simply blotting, not wiping, away any moisture will leave the Airbrush makeup in place without a streak. With over 18 hours of wear, Airbrush makeup will not fade, melt, or rub off on clothes, but yet can be easily washed away with soap and water. Once Airbrush makeup is sprayed on, it dries instantly to a matte finish and does not require powder or re-applying.
What exactly is Hi-Definition Television? Why has it changed the way we do makeup?
Hi-Definition Televisions simply provide more visual information than Standard Resolution Televisions. While standard televisions display 330 lines of resolution, HDTVs display either 720 or 1080 lines, each broken up into hundreds of tiny pixels. This illustration, courtesy of Wikipedia, explains this phenomenon simply:
As a result of this increased definition, our work is subject to more scrutiny than ever before, so how better to survive your Wedding Photoshoot with absolutely flawless Wedding Make-Up. Because an airbrush lays down the makeup in a dot pattern that’s so similar to the way the camera reads the face, it gives artists working in this field an unparalleled advantage.
Titanium Dioxide is the white pigment in foundation and face powders which acts when combined with other ingredients as a sunscreen . It is almost impossible to find one without it. When used only as a pigment, it poses no flashback problem. Airbrush makeup tends to have an appropriate level of Titanium dioxide to give a beautiful, photo ready finish without any flashback from the camera
It is important to note however for outdoor photography that an SPF may be used in the skincare or makeup primer, especially for blonde\fair or redheaded clients. You do not want to look sunburnt on your wedding photos! Dont forget to protect any exposed areas of skin especially the decolletage and shoulders.
General Wedding Makeup tips
- Use a neutral palette which is classic, timeless and elegant, neon pink may be this seasons hottest colour, but it may not be when you look back on the photos on your 30th wedding anniversary. Ask anyone who got married in the 80’s!
- Of course if your signature look is a sexy red lipstick which you would feel bare without, then go for it or adapt it to a softer colour. You still want to feel like you on your wedding day.
- Your makeup will need to be slightly stronger than normal due to the flash of the camera blanking you out, any makeup artist worth their salt will still make you look defined without making you look like you have been under the grill. 🙂 http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2011/10/lindsay-lohan-found-guilty-of-bad-blush-technique.html
- Use matte shades and velvet finish formulas as opposed to dewy finish products. Matt formulas photograph the best by far for wedding photography, anything shiny on your skin will make you look oily. Small hints of shimmer are acceptable to accentuate your features.